Wednesday, October 17, 2007

First Post

When I was young there were some incidents in my life that turned out to be predictors of my future.

First there was the little Saudi girl Sana. I was a hormonal 5 years old and so was she. I did not know arabic and she did not know english or urdu. Still, I was bold in amor and I would harrass her with unwanted attentions now and then. she was quite a sport and was generally nice to me.

One day I decided to impress her. I planned the whole day the barrage of arabic that I would use to win over the woman of my dreams. When I finally ran into her on the bus home I opened up a massive broad-side of random arabic words. She was surprised, her eyes wide in, I thought, admiration. I imagined a fireball of arabic words growing ever larger as I threw in more and more random verbiage in no particular order. "ana, inti, hua, qitta, farasha, min, man, haza", you name it.

When I was quite done she turned to one of her friends and made a comment in arabic about how I didn't know jack. I understood that much. They laughed... and I sat down.

History repeats itself as farce, don't you know?

No comments: